Sunday, November 27, 2011

#55 presenting: IV seribu berlian


Right now I'm in the middle of writing the 5th song in the cycle. Right in the middle: just finished the piano score (which is frickin' hardest thing I've ever put down in ink for a piano, maybe not technically but certainly stamina-wise) and about to arrange it for an orchestra. Working title: Datanglah wahai hati yang duka. It's inspired by the last verse from Ada Negri's poem Nebbie.

E mi ripete: Vieni,
è buia la vallata.
O triste, o disamata: vieni!


And (the voice) calls to me: "Come,
come to this dark valley.
Come, oh sad love-less one!"

... It'll be my first time writing for an English horn! And I'm thinking of a horn trill! Freaking awesome.

OTOH I'll be having a major exam this Friday, so it's gonna put a damper on things. Have to catch up on readings and whatnot. Lalalala~!

No comments:

Post a Comment