Friday, September 16, 2011

#52 friday afternoon thoughts

1. It's semi-official: Netrebko's Anna Bolena is the Met's hot ticket for the next season (which is very very close already, toi toi, Anya!!!). Why: apparently a lady had found her trill.



2. Bayreuth is in danger! PS: "... the baby had grown up and learned to walk on its own" is a lot of PR shit. You're trying to fool people who makes reading between lines (well, Ricky's libretti have lots of 'shades') their career?
3. I WANT TO WATCH ATYS! I'm a sucker for French Baroque (for the sheer joy of seeing who can stretch the line more deliriously), and it's Les Arts Florissants with Mo. Christie, so it's bound to be super good! (for those of us unlucky suckers, OedipusTyrannus uploaded a very good HD Mezzo broadcast of the Lully, with most of the same cast I think. d'Oustrac is one dangerous woman to cross!)
4. That Respighi's "Nebbie" is originally composed for the lower voices. Yes!!! I know there's something right every time I scream "Come ho freddo! son sola!" to the rafters. And that the poem, by Ada Negri, still makes my hair crawl every time I read it.
5. This week in superstars' birthday: Nicolai Ghiaurov (13th Sept), Jessye Norman (15th Sept), Elīna Garanča (16th Sept), Anna Netrebko (18th Sept)!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment