Thursday, June 2, 2011

#35 hard times

Nobody said medicine was easy. But there were certainly times when I thought, "What the fuck am I doing here?" Maybe it would have been better if I had sought a career with a faster timeline, as of now I would have been a salaried man, capable of taking care - at last! - of my family.

I am currently in the midst of composing both the texts and music for a song cycle, which will be my Op 34. I plan on orchestrating them, in fact I have already orchestrated the first one. Below is the first one, in piano version: it is entitled Berbisik sayu suara angin, which means The wind sighs sadly




Berbisik sayu suara angin,
berkumandanglah seru ribut,
taufan kejora.

Lihat! purnama mekar
bagai tersenyum dan melambai;
dan seribu bintang,
menghiaskan malam.

***
The wind sighs sadly!
a storm rushes and tremble,
in far Venus.

Look! the fertile moon
as she smiles and waves to us;
and thousands of stars,
tinkling jewels of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment