Friday, May 28, 2010

#9 The Office S06 E25 The Chump

I like sitcoms. They are probably the only thing I understand better than classical music. I used to watch The Nanny all the time and I tell you, that thing taught me - a lot - on employing the nasal resonance.

As of this decade, perhaps the show that I like the most is The Office, the US version. Nothing else can be as sweet and repulsive in one shot. Michael Scott is like the most idiotic person on the planet, but most of the time you'd end up rooting for him. The sixth season of The Office has recently concluded on a rather lame-ish note, but that's according to the reviewers! I was watching the last four episodes back-to-back at 2 a.m. last morning and let me tell you, my laughs must've been louder than Azucena's final scream of triumph!


I must say my favorite episode of the whole season is Episode 25 The Chump. And a lot of them seems to like it also. Favorite scene: Dwight's crotch attack! OMG if that isn't funny! Poor Angela. I also like the part when Phyllis is acting all disgusted with Michael - if that isn't a diva-esque moment I don't know what is.

Fave exchange:

DWIGHT : Are you warmed up?
ANGELA : No. (pronounced as naw, as in miaow; I swear that's what made this one-liner works.)
DWIGHT : God, why is that always my responsibility?

Oh. My. God.

Maybe I'm a dirty-minded guy after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment